Offline Smart Histogram

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
portopa

Offline Smart Histogram

Post by portopa »

I performed a good sensor analysis for my ASI071MC. Is there a way to open and analyze images I took the other night to measure the sky electron rate per pixel per second, or must that always be done in the field, real time? Can any type of analysis be performed on old images? Also, must the camera always be connected, even for offline analysis?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Offline Smart Histogram

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately there isn't a way to do this with the images that you have captured. What you could do is look at the histogram peak level of those images, then connect your camera indoors and, with the same gain and exposure, set the illumination levels to give a similar histogram peak, then run the sky brightness measurement. I think that should give roughly equivalent results as you have basically arranged the same illumination level. A C thread lens with a variable aperture is good for this sort of thing, or failing that a piece of black card with a pin hole in to let in only a very small amount of light.

cheers,

Robin
portopa

Re: Offline Smart Histogram

Post by portopa »

Robin,

Good idea. Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul