Deep Sky Sequence Planer

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
outdoorboy

Deep Sky Sequence Planer

Post by outdoorboy »

Hello, I used Deep Sky Sequence Planner for the first time and I am really excited about it. It gives me exactly what I was missing in normal operation - dithering between frames.

Happy who misses nothing. ;)

Since I take my test shots in normal mode, it would be an advantage if in the "Deep Sky Sequence Planner" under the tab "Camera Settings" an additional button would be available to take over the settings from the tab "Camera Control Panel" of the normal mode. The transfer of the data by hand is simply an unsafe thing (typing errors etc.).

I run my equipment with TightVNC and get the error "SharpCap could not access clipboard" in the advanced settings.

What effect does this have on the current settings or when saving them.

Thank's
Attachments
SC_Error.png
SC_Error.png (290 KiB) Viewed 975 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Deep Sky Sequence Planer

Post by admin »

Hi,

I see what you are saying - an option to take the exposure/gain/black level from the current camera setup would work I think. I will look into that, but for now the easiest workaround would be to use capture profiles - save a profile after your adjustments and then use it as the source of the settings in the planner.

The clipboard message might be because TightVNC is trying to synchronize the clipboard on the remote machine with the local machine - I think there is an option in TightVNC to turn that off. The error will not have any effect on saving or running the sequence, it will just stop you from being able to use cut/copy/paste when editing to move things around or duplicate them.

cheers,

Robin
outdoorboy

Post by outdoorboy »

Hello,

I selected the "Disable clipboard transfer" option in TightVNC and nothing changed.

I just wanted to avoid the fixation on a profile. It works and I can live with it. But I would like to answer your possible consideration of this option with a THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. 8-)

Maybe I will have one wish less soon.

cheers,

Franz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Franz,

I had another look (installing TightVNC I can see the same error as you). As you say, turning clipboard off doesn't help :(

It's odd, because some applications seem to work (like notepad), but I have also found reports of other applications that have the same problem as SharpCap. Anyway, I have found some code that tries to access the clipboard in a slightly different way and will use it as a fallback if the current code fails - hopefully that will work around the problem.

cheers,

Robin
outdoorboy

Post by outdoorboy »

Hi Robin,

I had even run an update to version 2.8.63 before.

Then I wish you good luck.

cheers,

Franz