Sharpcap and Stellarium

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap and Stellarium

Post by admin »

Hi mj,

shame about the ED80 - you could perhaps keep your eye open for a similar model with other damage being sold for 'spares or repair' and then transplant the focuser across at some point in the future.

Good luck getting to use your new scope, and keep safe from the fires!

Robin
mjanzou

Re: Sharpcap and Stellarium

Post by mjanzou »

Ubetcha,

I have been checking for used parts every other day as this is my only option to replacing it with another unit but it will still function visually since your always on the focuser adjustment to begin with unlike any AP/EAA stuff, I can just swap the OTA if I wanna go visual, actually much easier then swapping hardware configs on the askar. This actually works out since the fra300 does not have the ability to use a standard 2" diagonal, the last element sits directly in front of the rear adaptor plate and the focuser only has a total range of 2.3cm (slightly less than an inch). From 0, the max steps with my EAF is set to 7000.

On a side note, I'm setting up my fra300 as we speak and have run into an odd sharpcap hardware setup observation with my EAF.
Perhaps I should start a new thread but wanted to share it if thats ok...

Zwo recently posted a new EAF firmware 3.3.3 that addressed temp sensor (which I have) accuracy that I applied without issue.
When initially setting up EAF in SC, I have 2 (ZWO focuser (1) and ZWO focuser (2) respectively) entries in my hardware tab, both identified as (EAF ID0) and I can connect to each with the same proper functionality (settings and manipulation) an exact duplicate. However, when I connect to my 533mc, only the 'ZWO focuser (2)' shows (EAF ID0 opened) when I go into properties.

PS. I wonder if also having the asi120mm for guidescope in the chain is causing this. I connect both my EAF and 120mm thru the usb hub on the 533?
Should also mention I'm running SC 4.0.9268.0 (64).

Is this normal?
Using any other apps in Asi-Studio I only see 1 focuser but I'm quite sure its using the native driver. I have installed the latest ASCOM drivers for the EAF on the ASCOM 6.6 platform.

Your thoughts?

Mike