Sequencing dark library creation

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jrschmidt2

Sequencing dark library creation

Post by jrschmidt2 »

It does not appear that the "Capture Dark" feature is accessible via either the sequencer of via scripting. It would sure be nice to be able to sequence the creation of a dark library at many different exposure lengths and temperatures without having to manually start each operation.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencing dark library creation

Post by admin »

Hi

yes, agreed - unfortunately right now the code for creating the dark is very much tied into the way that the user interface (the create dark window) works, so it is hard to make that available to scripting or the sequencer. I already have this on my todo list for things that need improvement in the future.

cheers,

Robin
azcubs76

Re: Sequencing dark library creation

Post by azcubs76 »

+1 for me!
I'm amazed this one doesn't have a ton more votes. It would be really nice to automate the dark library creation. To bad it's a heavy lift code wise. If it's easier I'd just take an update to the UI darks wizard. The use with the sequencer would be secondary for me.