Does my sensor analysis graph look 'normal'?

A place to post guides, instructions and HOWTO documents on the use of SharpCap and Astrophotography in general
Forum rules
One tutorial per topic please.
Please only post content that you have created in this form.
Tutorials should be either in PDF format as an attachment or written in the first post of the topic. Links to video tutorials you created are also acceptable.
abmscopes

Does my sensor analysis graph look 'normal'?

Post by abmscopes »

Hi, apologies if this sort of question gets asked a lot... This is the first time I've run sensor analysis. The results look a bit odd to me (not quite sure why other than they don't look like the one in the Sharpcap tutorial !
SensorGraph.JPG
SensorGraph.JPG (129.65 KiB) Viewed 6951 times
The first time I ran the analysis it ran to the very end before returning an error after the binning tests. I then ran it again and it completed but the sky was darkening by then so I guess the light levels may not have been constant enough?
Camera is a OSC ZWO 294MC.
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Does my sensor analysis graph look 'normal'?

Post by admin »

Hi,

the general shape and rough values are about right, but the fact that the values are jumping around a lot (especially the read noise - the red X's) is not right - it can happen if the illumination levels were varying during the final stages of the analysis when SharpCap is measuring the relative gains of the camera.

cheers,

Robin