Simple Sequence Capture

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
GaryS

Simple Sequence Capture

Post by GaryS »

Hi:
I've just been using the simple Capture Sequence from the Capture menu and I noticed while capturing part of an Exoplanet transit, that this capture sequence option gives no indication of where it is in the sequence or what time it will complete the sequence.

I don't know how the more complex sequencer works, perhaps it has this feature, but it seems that this simple capture sequence could have it \'s progress indicated just as the progress on Flats or Darks is shown on the lower right.
Thank you
Gary

Edit: I just noticed there is a 'captures remaining' number in the green bar at the top of the screen. I expected to see that at the lower right as it is on the calibration image progress. Would it be hard to have the estimated time of completion shown? Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Simple Sequence Capture

Post by admin »

Ah,

you have given me an idea... in a future version the simple sequence could actually be implemented in terms of the same sequencing engine that is used for the sequence planner and main sequence editor. That would give a consistent behaviour where the progress would show as you describe for simple sequences (and the somewhat confusing notification bar messages could go away).

cheers,

Robin