Sequencer - Delay between Frames?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
GaryS

Sequencer - Delay between Frames?

Post by GaryS »

I'd like to be able to use the sequencer for Exoplanet image captures. For these 3-4 hour imaging runs, I'd like to insert a 'delay' between frames - maybe ranging from 15 seconds to a few minutes. I haven't been able to find this feature but I suspect it must exist.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Gary
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer - Delay between Frames?

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

you can, but you will have to do it the long way using the advanced sequence editor - capture a frame, delay 15s, repeat.

cheers,

Robin
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Umm. I’m not a programmer. I was hoping to be able to use the sequence that’s already there with a small tweek rather than having to learn to edit the sequencer. I guess I’ll just use the ‘capture’ option which I believe allows for a delay … but I will lose all the nice little startup and close down activities that you added to the sequencer.

Be great if there could be a few simple sequence ‘templates’ for those of us observers/ imagers who are not programmers. The templates could have a few options to select, with checkboxes, rather than having to learn to redesign the sequencer with the editor which is pretty complex just to look at.

I was hoping the SC sequencer would be simple and intuitive to use - unlike the NINA sequencer. I guess if I want the features, I just need to pic one, put my head down and figure it out.

Thank you Robin.
G
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

thanks for the feedback - the thing I have to work out is the balance between what goes into the 'easy to use' sequence planner and what doesn't. If I add too much to the planner then it is no longer easy to use, since there will be buttons/options/tick boxes/etc everywhere!

This one is hopefully fairly simple, so I will see if there can be a way to specify a delay between frames in a future version of the planner (particularly if I hear the same request from other users).

cheers,

Robin