QHY5III174 C Object brightness fades over time (30mins or longer).

Astropete1959

QHY5III174 C Object brightness fades over time (30mins or longer).

Post by Astropete1959 »

In using my QHY5III174 C (on the usb3 lead it came with plugged straight into the laptop), the brightness of an object I am imaging fades after 30 mins, so I have to constantly increase brightness. This happens regardless of 30 secs or 5 min subs. Is this a USB traffic thing (setting)?? I want to be able to set and forget and let the image capturing proceed with out constant adjustment. Is it caused be sensor temperature and if so, is there some form of auto correction? I am running a desk fan to blow air past the camera (summer here in OZ, but ambient temps are around 10c to 12c atm).
Any help with this is appreciated!
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY5III174 C Object brightness fades over time (30mins or longer).

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,

that's unexpected!

If you are just looking at the live images off the camera (rather than live stacking for instance) then the only thing that occurs to me that might cause it is dew forming somewhere reducing the amount of light reaching the camera. It might be worth trying an experiment in controlled indoor conditions with the camera looking at a constant light source (maybe through a pinhole to make it dim) to see if the same happens then.

cheers,

Robin