Dual Focusers

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Kisslija

Dual Focusers

Post by Kisslija »

Hello,

I have a question related to using two ZWO EAFs in one instance of Sharpcap Pro. I have an Askar ACL200 with an Askar FMA180 mounted to the top. I currently use a ZWO EAF with the ACL200. I've been using the ACL200 for imaging and FMA180 as the guidescope. I'm going to switch the cameras and use the FMA180 as the imaging scope and the ACL200 and the guidescope. If I add a ZWO EAF to the FMA180, will Sharpcap allow me to control both focusers simultaneously?

Thanks,

Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual Focusers

Post by admin »

Hi Jeff,

no, not in the same copy of the SharpCap application. However, you can run two copies of SharpCap at once - one to control the main camera and focuser and one to control the other camera. SharpCap 4 also has a command line parameter available to let you have separate setups for situations like this - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Comman ... 0Arguments

cheers,

Robin
Kisslija

Post by Kisslija »

Robin,

Thanks for the reply, this is good to know. I assume all I would need to do is click on my desktop shortcut again after the initial instance is running to open the second instance and modify the setting from there. If I wanted to save my settings for the second instance, I assume I would just need to duplicate the desktop shortcut and when I go to re-open the second instance all my settings will be saved.

I'm afraid I don't know where the command line can be found in Sharpcap.

Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jeff,

the trick to using the different settings is this

1) Create a new shortcut on the desktop, but not by copying the original - instead do this
a) goto the folder where SharpCap is installed - ie c:\program files (x86)\SharpCap 4.0
b) using the *right* mouse button drag SharpCap.exe from that folder to the desktop
c) It will say 'move to desktop', but when you let go of the mouse it will prompt what to do with the file - choose 'Create Shortcut Here'
2) On the new shortcut, right click, then choose 'properties'
3) Click in the 'Target' box of the properties, go to the very right hand end of the text already there and add

Code: Select all

/instance 2
***Note that there needs to be a space between the double quote character at the end of the text that is already there and the '/' that you are adding***

Now, when you use that new shortcut you should get the second alternative set of config. You can create additional ones for 3, 4, etc if you want.

cheers,

Robin
Kisslija

Post by Kisslija »

Awesome, thanks Robin!