Upcoming Feature : New Dark Mode and UI improvements

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Feature : New Dark Mode and UI improvements

Post by admin »

Hi Jesus,

yes, I saw the uploads of your transparency issue yesterday and have a fix, so with the next update you won't need to worry.

Menno,

I will see if something can be done about the cursor colour - I hand't thought of that. Will also test out the filter wheel thing.

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Robin

Got another, this on Windows 10. I was busy with capturing and about to start. Clicked the Start Capture button, the Start window appeared and forgot the object name to put in there. Looked it up in Stellarium and then when I returned to SC, the Start window was gone and SC didn't react to anything.
Hovering over the SC thumbnail in the taskbar only showed the SC main window (Screenshot 1). Used Alt/Tab and there the Start window was visible and could return to it.
SC should show multiple small windows when more SC windows are open like in Screenshot 2 with the Ioptron Commander software I think?

Menno

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 1
2.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 2
1.jpg (33.94 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

CustomButton and it's associated transparent icon work both fine

T&R,
Jesus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jesus,

glad to hear that the custom buttons are working :)

Menno, I think what is happening is that the start capture window is able to go behind the main window (it shouldn't be able to). If it was supposed to go behind then I would make it show in the taskbar, but what I really need to do is work out why it is going behind without permission!!

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Robin

I only now noticed that with this new SC, the captures on screen are way noisier? I used the exact same settings. See 200% screenshots below.
Screenshot 2 is with the command line. So I assume it's just a cosmetical issue, since the same version is used for both screenshots.

Menno

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 1
noise1.jpg (290.07 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 2
noise2.jpg (337.25 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Menno,

I started off wondering whether the new image display code was applying a gamma that I didn't expect, but on closer inspection I'm wondering if it might be something to do with a gradient in the noise of the images instead...

I don't see any difference testing here with images from the test camera and adding artificial noise - see below.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (368.09 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
One thing I can see in your two screenshots is that both of them are noticeably brighter towards the top of the visible part of the image, when compared to the bottom - some sort of camera glow near the top of the frame perhaps? Anyway, I loaded both of your images into the SharpCap test camera 1, then did histograms of small areas and got average pixel values between about 6.5 (bottom of image) to about 15 (top of image) in both - certainly the differences in different parts of the frame are bigger than those between the two screenshots.

Is it possible that you were zoomed in at more than 100% and therefore if the vertical scrollbar wasn't right at the top in both cases you may have seen a bit more of the camera glow at the top of one version than the other?

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Robin

The top is brighter cause of the camera and exposure time. I don't use calibration files during capturing (I do that in DSS), so that's why.
And the screenshots were made with the view on Auto. With zooming in I ment that I did make the screenshots themselves 200% to show it better.

The pixels that are showing were jumping around with each capture which is normal behavior. I can see them with the normal (no command line) version but only by stretching the Display Histogram. With that on Normal view (reset), they are not visible.
Also, this only with live view. The test cameras are indeed not showing it.
And like I said, I think it's on screen only cause in the saved captures there is no difference. Plate solving was also no issue.

Menno
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi,

Test with 8495 32bit Pro under W7 and W10 and QHY174GPS:

1. Menno's issue I cannot confirm.

2. Has running w/o commandline relevance? If so, there is an issue where the fonts of the bottom line being bad aligned in hight (or the hight is too small), picture a_2.png. This I do not observe with commandline.

3. With commandline, there is no "GPS: ... " status in the bottom line. Second thing, the GPS status window disappeares behind the main window, picture b_2.png (similar issue was reported yet).

Cheers, Christian
Attachments
a_2.png
a_2.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
b_2.png
b_2.png (12.93 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks again - the hidden window is the same bug that Menno reported (now fixed in my code). I also have now fixed the missing GPS data, so watch out for an update sometime next week (not promising Monday, because Christmas...).

I suspect that the status bar text position issue with the old code is down to default Windows font size settings - if you have scaled up the fonts then maybe the text is bigger, but not the height of the status bar. Since I'm hoping to phase out the old UI, I'm not going to try to fix that at the moment.

cheers,

Robin
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the new version 8509. I made some tests under W7 and W10 with Deep Sky Cam and QHY174GPS:

> No more hidden windows
> GPS status is back

Probably an older thing: Scrolling with the mouse wheel is possible e.g. for Zoom selection, but not for some functions in the Camera Control Panel (e.g. Capture Profiles, Capture Area, ...). This would be useful in cases with many entries.

Cheers, Christian