Sensor Analysis and Smart Histogram Simulator?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
MidnightLightning

Sensor Analysis and Smart Histogram Simulator?

Post by MidnightLightning »

Two questions.

I have run sensor analysis for my camera and it would be great if I could play with the Smart Histogram and exposure lengths during the day with simulated hardware but using my live data. Is this possible, if not could it be considered as a feature request?

Similar to the above but if I cant use my own sensor data is it possible to run sensor analysis and smart histogram with simulators just to get some practice? I have tried but haven't been able to get the sensor analysis to run without a simulated light box. I am wondering whether some generic sensor files could be put in the correct folder and associated with a simulated camera to get smart histogram to work?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis and Smart Histogram Simulator?

Post by admin »

Hi,

right now there isn't a way to use the sensor analsysis or smart histogram with the test cameras. The analysis is probably impossible (at least without simulating a lot of how the sensor works in a real camera, otherwise you would get ridiculous results). I'm not sure whether it would be useful to have a 'dummy' set of sensor analysis data available that could be loaded for the test camera, or how much it would give sensible results for those playing with the feature.

You can, of course, use the smart histogram functionality with the camera connected even if you cannot see anything (dust cap still on telescope) by entering a value for the sky brightness rather than measuring.

cheers,

Robin