New Dither choice in Sequencer 4.0

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
Desbarry

New Dither choice in Sequencer 4.0

Post by Desbarry »

I havent been out for ages due to really bright twilight over the summer 56N is a bugger lol I noticed a new option in the sequencer that wasnt there the last time I was out. If I want to dither after every frame I previously had to enter say 170 sec when I was taking 3 min subs. Does the attached screengrab mean that if I check the first box and set it to 1 it will dither every frame irrespective of the second box? Why have the second box? Im a little confused. Can someone confirm that if I just want to dither after every frame and have configured the settle time and max dither amount in pixels beforehand, just ticking the first box and leaving the second blank will allow dithering after every frame. Thanks so much Derek
Attachments
sharpcap forum question.png
sharpcap forum question.png (372.33 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Dither choice in Sequencer 4.0

Post by admin »

Hi Derek,

yes, as you have things there it will dither after every frame and ignore the time set for the botton option.

If you tick the bottom option then you can still specify dithering after 170s or whatever time limit you prefer - it will then ignore the frame frequency set in the top option. I kept that option because if I took it out someone would be bound to pop up and tell me that they preferred it :)

cheers,

Robin
Desbarry

Re: New Dither choice in Sequencer 4.0

Post by Desbarry »

Thanks Robin, cheers for getting back to me, top bloke!!