QHY 268C - Live Stacking not working with SharpCap 4.0

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
TigerClaw35

Re: QHY 268C - Live Stacking not working with SharpCap 4.0

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

I wanted to give you an update.

I installed newest QHY 268c driver and sdk and also newest SharpCap 4.0.

SharpCap 3.2: If I load a profile or set between the exposure times buffer on and off, I have no problems with three frames buffer. So this both workarounds are working for me. Live stacking also works fine.

SharpCap 4.0: three frames buffering available. If I load a profile I still have the problem. If I set buffer on and buffer off, frames are fine. But if I start live stacking it gives me one endless frame and if I try to stop it it crash. This problem is since SharpCap 4.0. so I cannot use SharpCap 4.0 with live stacking in combination with the QHY 268c. And I think I am not the only one.

Force still mode also activates buffer on in sharp cap 4.0. so also this is not possible ...

Best regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the report - it helps build a picture of what is going on, but I am still limited by not having this model of camera to test with (and all the cameras I have to test with work fine...)

Regarding the DDR buffer being forced to on, this is something that QHY themselves told me was necessary for still mode to work, but maybe that only applies to some models?

What I am going to do is (for next week's update) allow the DDR buffer to be turned on/off in still mode. It would be helpful if you could test that new version when it comes out on Monday (just for frames working/not - doesn't matter if you do it with the telescope still covered or even the camera not on the scope). It may be that I can do something like turn DDR on/off automatically when starting the camera in a future update (although really QHY should fix the SDK issues rather tnan me working around them by guesswork and trial and error)

cheers,

Robin
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi Robin,

I asked some other people with QHY 268C and it seems that only some QHY 268C have this problem in combination with sharpcap.

I will test it with the new version. I think QHY don't want to fix it because there are only a few people working with QHY 268C and SharpCap for Deep Sky imaging.

Best regards,
Raul