ROI changes size and position when using the Brain.

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
RickBG

ROI changes size and position when using the Brain.

Post by RickBG »

Hi Robin, When using the Brain, and I apply the (ROI) regain of interest square away from stars and nebulosity as instructed, for some unknown reason the square converts to a tiny square relocated at the very corner and may move to the other corner while the Brain is processing. Is this normal?
Rick
admin
Site Admin

Re: ROI changes size and position when using the Brain.

Post by admin »

Hi Rick,

this is new magic in SharpCap 3.3 – instead of having to select the area yourself, SharpCap will automatically select the darkest area of the frame and use the measurement from that area. The image gets divided into 100 smaller rectangles and the one with the lowest average brightness is chosen.

If it looks like it's not choosing the darkest area of the image, please send me a copy of the frame and I will investigate.

Cheers, Robin
RickBG

Re: ROI changes size and position when using the Brain.

Post by RickBG »

Robin, it is choosing the darkest area, thanks. I'm impressed.