Sensor analysis failing

Luke Spacehopper

Sensor analysis failing

Post by Luke Spacehopper »

Hi,

I've tried to get this to work a few times on my EOS1000D running the open ASCOM drivers.

I'm having the same issues described here: viewtopic.php?t=2997 - either it fails because the image is too dark (towards the beginning of the analysis) or it's too light (about 30 minutes in).

I've tried creating the right conditions for the histogram to be around 65% with 1.5-3 seconds' exposure (I think it said), also played around with my light panel at three different brightness settings, with and without varying amounts of paper sandwiched between, as well as doing it during daylight.

Completely understand that this is an old, legacy camera and we're talking about generic drivers here, so if that's the issue, it's not a problem. But if there's anything I could do to make this work - or indeed anything I can do to help make it work - that would be great.

Thanks
Brendan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis failing

Post by admin »

Hi Brendan,

firstly, please make sure you're using the latest version of SharpCap 3.2 from the downloads page (this is newer than the version that you will get if you try to water update). You might even want to try the SharpCap 3.3 beta version (see viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3121).

If the analysis is still failing, then please grab a screenshot of the whole SharpCap window showing the failure (and also the control values), and also send me a copy of the SharpCap log after the failure has happened (this will be quite long!)

Cheers, Robin
Luke Spacehopper

Thanks Robin.

I'm running v3.2.6442.

I haven't restarted the sensor analysis yet, but I thought you might need to know that when I tried installing the 3.3 beta, first of all AVG antivirus did not like it at all, and the install showed an error. The log said something about not being able to open a pipe. I suspect this was because AVG checked the install file once when I opened it, and then again when it was running.

Then when I (reluctantly) tried installing with AVG disabled, although it seemed to install OK, when I tried running it, it just showed the splash screen and then nothing happened. This happened with 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Thanks
Brendan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Brendan,

thanks for the update – I'm looking into the fact that it's closing down without starting properly right now. I think it's a missing DLL from the install pack.

Antivirus is likely to be a pain for a while as I have just switched to a new code signing certificate – the old certificate is about to expire, but over its lifetime it has built up a lot of positive reputation which largely meant AV programs would leave things alone. Until the new certificate build some reputation it will be likely that we'll see more of these antivirus problems :(

Cheers, Robin
Luke Spacehopper

Hi Robin,

I just tried it again and it failed again, so I just PMd you with links to the log and screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Brendan