Is there a reason why we can't...

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Chris_h

Is there a reason why we can't...

Post by Chris_h »

Enter our own numbers under sky brightness? Not a big problem with broadband, as it only takes like 2 minutes. But with narrowband, I can't even measure my sky (with a color cam and L-eXtreme duo band filter, it wants to take a 60 minute test exposure! The cam can only do 15 min max! :lol: ).

In those cases, I will use the Sky Background Electron Rate calculator. Very accurate with broadband, so I presume it's the same with narrowband (I hope so anyway! :? ). However, it always spits out numbers that are in the middle of the preselected values. Now I know I can select the closest value, but sometimes that will make a big difference in exposure times!

So why can't we enter our own numbers? Is there anyway to manually calculate this?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a reason why we can't...

Post by admin »

Hi,

no particular reason except that a drop-down of selected options is a nice easy way to add the UI. For now the easiest thing to do for you is to select the sky brightness value that is the next available option below the one calculated. I will look into adding either more options to the drop-down or a free text entry field sometime during the SharpCap 3.3 release.

Cheers, Robin
Chris_h

Post by Chris_h »

Hi Robin,

I thought so. Hope to see an upgrade in next version then! :D For now, I will select the value below.

- Chris
ViggenAJ37

Post by ViggenAJ37 »

I've never thought about it and used the drop-down list, but it's true that being able to directly enter values would make it even faster and easier.