Lack of signal in blue channel (ASI533, Sharpcap 3.2.6383.0)
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:35 am
Hello Robin,
I have a problem whose origin i maybe sharpcap, or not, i want to have at least your opinion about that please.
The problem is the following:
I can't have a correct debayerized image after dark correction (i use Siril 0.9.12) (target Messier M56)
I use a master dark since a long time and i never had any problem with it (acquisitions for this dark with Sharpcap 3.2.6248.0)
If i apply the dark into one raw image, i have a lack of signal in blue channel and then, after alignment/ stacking, i can't equilibrate the color.
I never had a similar problem before.
And looking for where the problem came from, i saw that :
- I updated the version of SharpCap from Sharpcap 3.2.6322.0 to Sharpcap 3.2.6383.0
- I simply debayerized a raw fits image with Siril and saw into the statistics of the image that:
for Sharpcap 3.2.6322.0:
the min/ max values for all channels are 0/ 65535
(example for Messier M92 as target which is not problematic)
for Sharpcap 3.2.6383.0
the min/ max values are 0/ 65535 only for red and green channels, and 57068 into blue channel
(For Messier M56 as target which is problematic)
Remarks:
- For my acquisitions i use generally a ASI533 camera, FITS format, RAW16, 300s exposure, Binning 1, capture area 3008x3008. This is the configuration used for the M92 and M56 targets described above.
- I saw many of my previous raw files for other acquisitions with this same above configuration for other targets with Sharpcap version older than 3.2.6383.0 and all time i have max values = 65535 for the 3 channels and all time he have no problem.
- I didn't updated Siril from many months (Siril 0.9.12). I also tried a stacking with DSS 4.2.3 and i have the same problem.
I have a problem whose origin i maybe sharpcap, or not, i want to have at least your opinion about that please.
The problem is the following:
I can't have a correct debayerized image after dark correction (i use Siril 0.9.12) (target Messier M56)
I use a master dark since a long time and i never had any problem with it (acquisitions for this dark with Sharpcap 3.2.6248.0)
If i apply the dark into one raw image, i have a lack of signal in blue channel and then, after alignment/ stacking, i can't equilibrate the color.
I never had a similar problem before.
And looking for where the problem came from, i saw that :
- I updated the version of SharpCap from Sharpcap 3.2.6322.0 to Sharpcap 3.2.6383.0
- I simply debayerized a raw fits image with Siril and saw into the statistics of the image that:
for Sharpcap 3.2.6322.0:
the min/ max values for all channels are 0/ 65535
(example for Messier M92 as target which is not problematic)
for Sharpcap 3.2.6383.0
the min/ max values are 0/ 65535 only for red and green channels, and 57068 into blue channel
(For Messier M56 as target which is problematic)
Remarks:
- For my acquisitions i use generally a ASI533 camera, FITS format, RAW16, 300s exposure, Binning 1, capture area 3008x3008. This is the configuration used for the M92 and M56 targets described above.
- I saw many of my previous raw files for other acquisitions with this same above configuration for other targets with Sharpcap version older than 3.2.6383.0 and all time i have max values = 65535 for the 3 channels and all time he have no problem.
- I didn't updated Siril from many months (Siril 0.9.12). I also tried a stacking with DSS 4.2.3 and i have the same problem.