License problem

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Desbarry

License problem

Post by Desbarry »

Hi I got a years license for Sharpcap Pro when I bought my Hypercam 183 Pro. That was about 6 months ago. I tried to perform a sensor analysis to day on a ZWO 178mm and it prompted me to get a Sharpcap Pro license!!! Surely Ive already got a years subscription? Do you need to buy multiple licenses for use with more than 1 camera? Not a happy bunny. Can someone clarify this please. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: License problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

the free license that comes with your Altair camera is only valid for use with Altair cameras. Paid licenses are valid for any camera.

The restriction to Altair Cameras only is there on the screen (admitedly in the small print) when you enter your email address to claim your free license (see the screenshot on this page - http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/altair).

Hope this helps,

Robin
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

OK thanks Robin, didnt know that. Can you pay for a full lifetime license? Ive got a ZWO 178 and a 224, the Altair license came with my 183 Pro. I could just do a bank transfer in a few weeks, I dont have paypal.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. PS Do I need to redo my sensor analysis on the 178 that I did this afternoon? It saved it to a csv file on the laptop desktop???
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry, but we are PayPal only. If you are in the UK then you can pay via the PayPal link without creating an account – when you get to PayPal there should be a button that you can press that allows you to pay with your debit or credit card. If you do that, just make sure you type in your email address correctly as the licence will be sent to the address you type in!

I don't currently have any plans to introduce long-term or lifetime licences again, sorry.

Cheers, Robin
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

OK thanks Robin, my Hypercam 183 license has months to go so Im fine just now. I will do a license for my 178 mono as I dont need a license to use the smart brain on the 224 as I dont use it for deep sky but I may use the 178mono for some short sub deep sky so Ill get that soon.
Cheers and yes Im in the UK
rick

Post by rick »

Hi, SharpCap pro won't take my credit card!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm afraid we can't help you directly with that as all the credit card handling is done via PayPal.

Some of the reasons why PayPal may refuse to accept a credit card can be found here : https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/art ... nt-faq1680

Hope this helps, Robin