Identification using plate solving

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Chris A

Identification using plate solving

Post by Chris A » Fri May 03, 2019 4:12 am

Hi Robin

I know Sharpcap Pro already has a plate solving for mount position, but could you possibly implement a way to identify objects like very faint galaxies on ones live image using some type of plate solving method?

Thank you,

Chris A

BlackWikkett

Re: Identification using plate solving

Post by BlackWikkett » Fri May 03, 2019 4:54 pm

If you're Live Stacking just save as seen and upload here http://nova.astrometry.net/upload The site will blind solve your image and annotate. If not live stacking upload a single frame works just as well.

Chris A

Post by Chris A » Fri May 03, 2019 5:53 pm

You know that I know this Chris, but I want to do the actual solving of galaxies on the live stacking image. I was watching Jim in IA last night doing this in real-time with some other program and it was so cool!

Chris A

BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett » Fri May 03, 2019 10:28 pm

Didn't even see who posted this and just gave the option of astrometry.net I think what your asking is a way to show astrometry.net annotations on on the SharpCap display. That would definitely be an awesome feature.

Chris A

Post by Chris A » Sat May 04, 2019 5:40 am

Yes, I agree with Chris that it would be a fantastic feature to show live to our NSN viewers.

Cheers!

Chris A

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Nice idea,

Another interesting twist would be to automatically name images based on the most prominent feature found in the (M 31, NGC 1024, etc. Etc.)

Cheers, Robin

Chris A

Post by Chris A » Sun May 05, 2019 3:53 am

That also sounds great Robin and I hope that this can be all implemented in the very near future in Sharpcap Pro.

Chris A