plate solving

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
brundog

plate solving

Post by brundog » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am

I recently started using sharpcap pro and am trying to configure my equipment to do plate solving. My mount is an explore scientific EXOSII PMC-8 that is ASCOM compatible. I am using a QHYS:-II-M camera. I have downloaded astrotortilla and configured it. I have set up my ASCOM mount with the PMC-8 driver. I am not sure if Sharpcap has autodetected Astrotortilla does anyone know what indication I should see? The "Find my location" button does NOT appear. Does anyone know how I can get Astrotortilla to find my location. Can Stellarium be used to find the objects I will be viewing, Thanks for any help.
Brundog

admin
Site Admin

Re: plate solving

Post by admin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am

Hi,

you can adjust the configuration for the plate solver in the 'Plate Solving' page of the settings. It should detect the default install of AstroTortilla/ASPS/Ansvr automatically, but if you have customized the install or it fails to auto detect then you need to tell SharpCap the folder where the plate solver has installed the 'solve-field' tool.

I believe that you can use Stellarium to guide the mount (there is an addin called stellarium scope) but I never had much success getting it working. Others seem to like it though.

cheers,

Robin