Hi Robin,
A further update on the downloading problem ...
I have now downloaded the Ultra Hi-Res plate solve index file but it has taken all morning and has required me to manually resume the manual download well over 100 times. Between each resume I have reloaded a page from the SharpCap website which seemed to pipe clean the connection. After each resumption, somewhere between zero and 10MB of data were getting downloaded, so sometime none at all and sometimes just a couple of MB.
I've also downloaded Siril using the same MS Edge browser session and that downloaded the whole 90MB without incident, so it seems to be an issue with the SharpCap website.
Peter
New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17397
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Hi Peter,
I have just checked our server logs, and there was a massive burst of rogue traffic (mostly from Russia) between about 11am and 12:15 UK time today. I suspect that this is when you were encountering the problems and that it was just a matter of the server being heavily loaded at the time.
I have tweaked the web site security rules to try to prevent this from happening again (at least not so easily). I suspect if you tried again now that the load has reduced, it will all be fine.
thanks,
Robin
I have just checked our server logs, and there was a massive burst of rogue traffic (mostly from Russia) between about 11am and 12:15 UK time today. I suspect that this is when you were encountering the problems and that it was just a matter of the server being heavily loaded at the time.
I have tweaked the web site security rules to try to prevent this from happening again (at least not so easily). I suspect if you tried again now that the load has reduced, it will all be fine.
thanks,
Robin
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Thank you for your assistance.
I tried it with Astap, Aladin, CCDCiel, and CielSkyCharts.
The WCS information was successfully updated in all apps.
Thank you for your excellent assistance.
I tried it with Astap, Aladin, CCDCiel, and CielSkyCharts.
The WCS information was successfully updated in all apps.
Thank you for your excellent assistance.
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Find the Sharcap plate solver extremely reliable and performant.... faster and more tolerant than ASTAP and others (clouds, trees, mistake in the focal, nothing seems to bother it !)
Great job Robin !!!
Great job Robin !!!
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Happy new year all
Is there away to use SharpSolve during polar alignement process ?
This is because plate solving is failing during polar alignement using a 0,42°x0,42° FOV but was OK outside polar alignement process.
TIA
Bertrand
Is there away to use SharpSolve during polar alignement process ?
This is because plate solving is failing during polar alignement using a 0,42°x0,42° FOV but was OK outside polar alignement process.
TIA
Bertrand
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17397
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Hi Bertrand,
I have wondered about doing that - unfortunately it's not just a simple swap as the results come out in a different format from the 'normal' plate solving and would need conversion. In addition, there would be a fair bit of re-testing to make sure that the change doesn't break things in other situations even while it fixes it for your situation.
Something to consider,
cheers,
Robin
I have wondered about doing that - unfortunately it's not just a simple swap as the results come out in a different format from the 'normal' plate solving and would need conversion. In addition, there would be a fair bit of re-testing to make sure that the change doesn't break things in other situations even while it fixes it for your situation.
Something to consider,
cheers,
Robin
Re: New Feature : SharpSolve - SharpCap's new built-in plate solver
Thanks for the reply
Let's wait
Let's wait