Page 6 of 19

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm
by Malmy
That's brilliant thank you :D

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:48 am
by Cliff
Hi Robin,

Tried installing the SharpCapInstall-3.3.6853.0 Beta but when I run it says expired ?

Thanks
Cliff

Wanted to try out the DSLR Ascom driver I believe the shutter issue is solved in 3.3

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm
by admin
Hi Cliff,

the latest is 6952 – the download links are in the first post of the thread and I update them there every time I have a new version available.

Cheers, Robin

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:06 pm
by Cliff
Thanks Robin,

Will try it out,

Cheers
Cliff

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:21 am
by Cliff
Ok now I have it installed but the Ascom DSLR driver just keeps activating the shutter on my Canon 60Da once connected though I've not even started an exposure.

Tried using the Backyard EOS driver but that didn't work, probably more to do with the DSLR driver than Sharpcap 3.3Beta.

Any ideas.?

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:38 am
by Cliff
tried the DSLR ascom driver in CCDCeil and seems to work properly ?

Sharpcap just keeps taking frames at whatever exposure is set until I disconnect the camera in Sharpcap.

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:06 am
by Cliff
After reinstalling DSLR driver and rebooting seems to be working now ??

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 pm
by admin
Hi Cliff,

there's a new button in the toolbar just below the file menu labelled 'live view'. If you uncheck this button then SharpCap will stop taking images all the time, which is probably what you want to if you are using DSLR camera. Basically with that but unchecked, SharpCap behaves much more like a still camera rather than a video camera – you have to actually press one of the buttons to get it taken image at all.

Cheers, Robin

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 pm
by Cliff
I noticed the liveview Robin,

All good now of course its cloudy and rainy as I just bought some Astro stuff :)

Cheers
Cliff

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:54 pm
by aquariusCZ
admin wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm Hi Tomas,

Good to hear that it's working for you – I also have a plan for an alternative mode for planetary imaging that will centre the planet in each frame without needing to adjust the ROI - coming soon (soonish, anyway).

Cheers, Robin
Hi Robin,
it is true that it is difficult for dobson to catch the planet at the beginning of the chip into a small ROI.
Do you mean leaving the highest resolution and after moving the planet into the image, the function will align itself to the specified ROI and go with the planet automatically to the opposite edge of the chip? At the same time, saving could start automatically and end automatically on the other side.
Regards
Tomas