Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi Dave
Yes, that my machine (mine is second-hand ca. 2015 vintage with no built in WIFI - I use a WIFI dongle)
I'm also doing short exposures - but prefer to do it with Live Stacking (aka EAA) since I just don't have the time or desire to sit down and process images. Im also trying to set it up as demo party piece for friends and family! Seeing nebula just appear on the screen in real time is pretty cool. That why I'm really sold on SC and its Live Stack feature.
I'm just starting out with this, but here's what I got with 75 X 800 ms live stacked with SC. I was pretty happy with it.
https://astrob.in/1gdt09/0/
No other processing done, except slight cropping in Mac preview. I really like the way the SC Live Stack function automatically stacks, and subtracts dark fields and spits out the image - ready to move on to the next DSO.
I am building a list of small DSOs to capture using the same protocol.
And thanks for the link to Emil's stuff. I've been using AS and RS for planets so far (FYI AS and RS work fine on the PC with only 4 MB ram
)
Best
Mike
PS. Not sure my focus is spot on so I'm trying to make my own Bahtinov mask at the moment.
Yes, that my machine (mine is second-hand ca. 2015 vintage with no built in WIFI - I use a WIFI dongle)
I'm also doing short exposures - but prefer to do it with Live Stacking (aka EAA) since I just don't have the time or desire to sit down and process images. Im also trying to set it up as demo party piece for friends and family! Seeing nebula just appear on the screen in real time is pretty cool. That why I'm really sold on SC and its Live Stack feature.
I'm just starting out with this, but here's what I got with 75 X 800 ms live stacked with SC. I was pretty happy with it.
https://astrob.in/1gdt09/0/
No other processing done, except slight cropping in Mac preview. I really like the way the SC Live Stack function automatically stacks, and subtracts dark fields and spits out the image - ready to move on to the next DSO.
I am building a list of small DSOs to capture using the same protocol.
And thanks for the link to Emil's stuff. I've been using AS and RS for planets so far (FYI AS and RS work fine on the PC with only 4 MB ram
Best
Mike
PS. Not sure my focus is spot on so I'm trying to make my own Bahtinov mask at the moment.