Page 3 of 3

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2024 5:00 pm
by AMIF
Yes, yes, on clear or close it saves single file, but automatically (after reaching of stack duration) - both 16 and 32.

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2024 1:37 pm
by admin
Hi,

Ah, OK, I understand now.

That's actually deliberate as the settings in the right hand most tab apply to auto saving on closing or pressing the clear button only. The 'save and reset every <X> minutes' function saves in all formats. I don't want to change that behaviour as there will almost certainly be someone out there relying on it saving in each of the possible formats, so changing it would break someone's existing workflow (and mean they didn't get data saved that they wanted).

cheers,

Robin

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2024 4:28 pm
by AMIF
OK thank you! "It is not bug but feature" :)

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2024 2:46 pm
by AMIF
I tried to stack images and got nice round stars with nicer tracks of hot pixels (I do not use guiding, and old good HEQ-5 has valuable periodic errors, plus error of polar alignment). Do I understand right, that without Pro version darks calibration during Live Stacking is impossible? Or maybe there is a filter for hot pixels?

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2024 1:41 pm
by admin
Hi,

that's correct - dark correction (including hot/cold pixel correction) is a SharpCap Pro feature, so you need a pro license if you want to use it for live stacking. Of course there are other options, like using separate stacking software (maybe DeepSkyStacker or similar) for stacking with dark correction after capture.

cheers,

Robin

Re: Beginner Questions

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2024 6:25 am
by AMIF
Yes, I use DSS now, but all process of stacking with DSS and solving with Astrometry.net requires almost so much time as shooting. That's why I hope to get stacked calibrated solved images just after exposure...