Page 2 of 2
Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2025 3:05 pm
by pastorgalactico
Hello;
In short, this is what's happening to me.
I've attached an image with my questions.

Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2025 3:04 pm
by admin
Hi,
the four vertical checkboxes at the bottom are unrelated to saving - they control different options.
The four horizontal checkboxes correspond to the four save options in dropdown on the save button on the left of the live stacking area. These save options are already documented in detail here -
https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Actions%20Group
I will investigate the missing 32-bit save file - I am seeing the same thing here, which is not expected. I suspect the fact that no-one has reported this before tells us that most people save the 16 bit option!
cheers,
Robin
Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2025 4:41 pm
by pastorgalactico
Okay, I understand more or less.
I'll run some tests and upgrade to the pro version this spring.
Regards and thanks.
Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2025 10:13 am
by admin
Hi,
OK, sounds good. Just to let you know that I found the bug with the 32-bit save. That will be fixed in today's update.
cheers,
Robin