How is the live stacking image automatically saved?

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
User avatar
pastorgalactico
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:49 pm
Location: España
Contact:

Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?

#11

Post by pastorgalactico »

Hello;

In short, this is what's happening to me.
I've attached an image with my questions.

Image
J.Tapioles (Pastorgalactico)
Obs.Orion Cod.MPC R50
TL 16" F4.5 Giordano.Picgoto ESP32go V5
Refr 120mm F5
Ocul. Explorer 82º.
Barl. X2-X3- X5 Explorer
Planetario informático Guia 9.1
Player One Uranus C .
Cor. coma HR explorer.
Redu. focal 0.67 Braña.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17382
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
Contact:

Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?

#12

Post by admin »

Hi,

the four vertical checkboxes at the bottom are unrelated to saving - they control different options.

The four horizontal checkboxes correspond to the four save options in dropdown on the save button on the left of the live stacking area. These save options are already documented in detail here - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Actions%20Group

I will investigate the missing 32-bit save file - I am seeing the same thing here, which is not expected. I suspect the fact that no-one has reported this before tells us that most people save the 16 bit option!

cheers,

Robin
User avatar
pastorgalactico
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:49 pm
Location: España
Contact:

Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?

#13

Post by pastorgalactico »

Okay, I understand more or less.
I'll run some tests and upgrade to the pro version this spring.
Regards and thanks.
J.Tapioles (Pastorgalactico)
Obs.Orion Cod.MPC R50
TL 16" F4.5 Giordano.Picgoto ESP32go V5
Refr 120mm F5
Ocul. Explorer 82º.
Barl. X2-X3- X5 Explorer
Planetario informático Guia 9.1
Player One Uranus C .
Cor. coma HR explorer.
Redu. focal 0.67 Braña.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17382
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
Contact:

Re: How is the live stacking image automatically saved?

#14

Post by admin »

Hi,

OK, sounds good. Just to let you know that I found the bug with the 32-bit save. That will be fixed in today's update.

cheers,

Robin
Post Reply