Page 2 of 2

Re: A small part of the Sadr Region

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2024 1:36 pm
by turfpit
Tim

Fair comments. I have often thought that the answer to mosaics is having the correct optics for the target. A 135mm F/2 lens on an (at least) 5000x3000 sensor captures plenty of area. Modern sensors are better than that.

An example: 135mm F/2 lens + Canon 7D Mk2, Heart & Soul Nebulae = single panel
400mm refractor + Canon 7D MK2, Heart & Soul Nebulae = 4 panels
figures from the Telescopius mosaic planner tool.

Objects like Cygnus Region, Orion Cloud Complex, Milky Way are all candidates for the 135mm lens + big camera sensor.

In an ideal world (Big Wallet), I would have optical combinations which were appropriate to the object being imaged. In the real world (Small Wallet) I have to compromise and capture mosaics for the larger targets.

Dave

Re: A small part of the Sadr Region

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2024 2:22 am
by mattpenn2015
Little late to the party, but hope your mosaic is going well. I did a 20 panel with a C6 Hyperstar ASI533 OSC and Eq6R Pro in September. Will attempt to link to it below. Just tested out a 12 panel in Auriga last night, but clouds tonight... maybe I'll get some weather soon. Hyperstar helps to reduce the integration time per panel, but of course the FOV is much larger scale than the work that you're doing.

Have enjoyed these initial tests with the Sequence planner... easier than IronPython scripting! Need to start using guiding and dithering with this next project in Auriga.

PS - Just learned about Telescopius tonight... have been planning the RA/DEC coordinates by hand so far. Looks useful!

Image