Re: Autofocus and exposure settings during live stacking...
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:33 pm
Robin-
It has been most of a year so I was hoping to ping you on this issue for a possible feature request.
I have my autofocus working very well and all is good and consistent. I have it down to a few button clicks done in a set order...that being said, it would be great if these button clicks could be made into a 'behind the scenes sequence' triggered by a single button in the live stacking window.
My process is that I have the autofocus exposure settings as an 'Autofocus' profile and I save the current nights live stack exposure settings as "Tonight" profile. When it is time to do an autofocus, I pause live stacking, load the 'Autofocus" profile, pause PHD2 guiding, run autofocus, un-pause PHD2 guiding, reset exposure to "Tonight" profile, close autofocus window and then restart live stacking. Wash, rinse, repeat as needed.
As requested above, could this "sequence" be hard coded into a single button press from the live stack window?
FYI- Still loving Sharpcap... I have to admit to trying out NINA on several occasions "just because", but I keep coming back to Sharpcap due to it's powerful simplicity, live stacking and the fact it just plain works! Many thanks!
Chuck
It has been most of a year so I was hoping to ping you on this issue for a possible feature request.
I have my autofocus working very well and all is good and consistent. I have it down to a few button clicks done in a set order...that being said, it would be great if these button clicks could be made into a 'behind the scenes sequence' triggered by a single button in the live stacking window.
My process is that I have the autofocus exposure settings as an 'Autofocus' profile and I save the current nights live stack exposure settings as "Tonight" profile. When it is time to do an autofocus, I pause live stacking, load the 'Autofocus" profile, pause PHD2 guiding, run autofocus, un-pause PHD2 guiding, reset exposure to "Tonight" profile, close autofocus window and then restart live stacking. Wash, rinse, repeat as needed.
As requested above, could this "sequence" be hard coded into a single button press from the live stack window?
FYI- Still loving Sharpcap... I have to admit to trying out NINA on several occasions "just because", but I keep coming back to Sharpcap due to it's powerful simplicity, live stacking and the fact it just plain works! Many thanks!
Chuck