Page 2 of 2

Re: DSS problem with flat files made by Sharpcap

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:50 am
by tiziano
Hi Robin

sorry if i disturb you so much

I found this section on Sharpcap that might work for me
under:
Camera Control Panel '--->' Preprocessing '---> Apply flat,
here insert the path where the previously created MasterFlat is located, then I start the 'Live Stacking', setting the frame alignment to ON.
In this way (if I understood correctly) Sharpcap subtracts the flat files before processing the light files
And I shouldn't have any more problems with the DSS

Do you agree ?

Tiziano

Re: DSS problem with flat files made by Sharpcap

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:26 pm
by admin
Hi,

yes, that's the right way to do it - if you are doing that you should also use the 'Subtract dark' option that is next to it with your master dark file - that way SharpCap handles both the dark and flat correction before adding the frame to the stack and you have no need to use darks/flats in DSS.

cheers,

Robin

Re: DSS problem with flat files made by Sharpcap

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:18 pm
by tiziano
Hi Robin,

it is true that before asking for help you
should study and read well then ask
Thanks for your help,
we will hear from you when I will do some test

Tiziano