Out of adversity.....

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
NeilG

Out of adversity.....

Post by NeilG »

Well. I decided to reconfigure my observatory - mothballing the C11 for a while - planets are well below my tree line now and recabling to allow me to concentrate on DSO imaging with the 127mm and 80mm Ascension Apos. While doing this I managed to mis-wire the power supply and subsequently fried the motherboard on the EQ8 :(

So, having demounted the EQ8 from the pier to fit the new board I had to re-commission the whole shooting match. fortunately Sharpcap's polar align capability meant this took much less time than I expected, so I thought I'd check the mount tracking with a quick imaging session.

and voila - 3 for the price of 1 - M52, NGC 7635 and NGC 7638 - 256 frames @ 8 sec using ASI 1600MM-Cool - captured with Livestack and processed in Astro Pixel Processor.

Only managed L before clouds rolled in, so got RGB still to do. Click on the image for full size version

ImageM52NGC7635 by Haven Observatory

Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Out of adversity.....

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the fried motherboard on the EQ8 :-( I've cooked hardware before by mistake and it's never a nice feeling when you realise you've done it.

Good to hear that it all went back together and the polar alignment went well. Looks like a promising image – will be good to see what it looks like when you have the RGB components.

Cheers, Robin