Dithering

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Frank

Dithering

Post by Frank »

I go crazy !!! Sharpcap be a great software and I have renewed license. Now find out that you don't have a dithering function !!! This is a very important function that you find on all other software. I am very sorry but if I change nothing I will abandon Sharpcap
BlackWikkett

Re: Dithering

Post by BlackWikkett »

Frank

Post by Frank »

thank you. I know and have read manual. don't care about live stacking. I do shows of 600/900 sec.
be odd that Sharpcap is not at the level of other software. I have to switch to ATP
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Live stacking saves the same files as the normal capture mode. There isn't a draw back to doing it.

If you don't care about live stacking hide the stacking window and pretend it isn't there......then it's the same as normal capture.....but with dither function.
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Also in Live Stacking there's an option to see individual frames. If you go this route and are not interested in the live stacked image remember to click save individual frames in the live stacking window.
Frank

Post by Frank »

thank you very much for your interest. have tried and impulse to get to phd. Have a doubt: shooting during dithering is to be thrown away because being moved? go well if I do 30 "exposures, but if you have to throw a 600" shot every time, don't go well.
Frank

Post by Frank »

have tried and tried again.
dithering in sharpcap does not work well.
if I do 4 hours of integration, with dirhering activated, I have to throw away 2 hours. this being serious. What we do very well with almost all acquisition software, Sharpcap does not do. Goodbye.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

I agree to the abovementioned posts fully. A working dithering function for individual frames is desparately needed imho.

Cheers,
Klaus
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

The new test version has the new dither function that takes around 15 seconds.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1948

It's a test version so read the thread about how it works.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Thanks, chongo, for the info. That would be really good news to see a working dithering feature before the next version 3.3 is realeased.

Best,

Klaus