Activation of QHYCFW3 in V3.2.6054 and 6051

Zenzanon

Activation of QHYCFW3 in V3.2.6054 and 6051

Post by Zenzanon »

I'v noticed in these two versions, it is no longer possible to use my QHYCFW3. In the past it would connect, but now it throws this. The wheel is connected via the 4 pin cable and works well with other apps.

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (47.77 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Activation of QHYCFW3 in V3.2.6054 and 6051

Post by admin »

Hi,

It looks like you're using the sort of filter wheel that connects via the qhy camera. If that's the case then the best option is not to use the Ascom driver (set the option for filter wheel to none in the hardware settings). SharpCap should autodetect that the filter wheel is connected via the camera when you connect to the camera and everything should work that way.

Another option may be to uncheck the tick box that says connect devices at start-up in the hardware settings and then trying to connect to the Ascom filter wheel after the cameras running. As far as I understand the Ascom driver can only talk to the filter wheel if the cameras already connected.

Hope this helps, Robin
Zenzanon

Post by Zenzanon »

Sorry Robin, but nothing works! I tried using your suggestion of letting the wheel be autodetected, which it is, but a change of position throws an index out of range error. I can't use ASCOM, because I have to use the 183m ASCOM driver too (it's mutually exclusive both the camera AND the wheel have to use ASCOM, not only one). Like I said it used to work, but now it's very rare that it works at all, most of the time it just throws. I know the ASCOM drivers is bad, I mean it works, but enumerates 38 filter positions instead of 7. QHY knows about it but has not issued a fix. But, ASCOM works none the less. The index out of range issue makes me wonder if it's also affecting the native drivers too now.

Thanks!

-John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks for the update. I will take a look at my qhy wheel and see if I see a similar problem.

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I tested this and sometimes the QHY wheel seems to report it is in position 31. I have changed the code to re-request the position after a short delay if this value is encountered and that seems to fix the problem for me. This change is in the very latest version available from the download page.

Thanks

Robin