Opening a saved file

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Portech7

Opening a saved file

Post by Portech7 »

Hi All

Firstly, thank you for letting me join the forum.

I'm new to Sharpcap, so please excuse my silly question.

I've just downloaded the pro version and trying to figure out how I can open a JPEG file saved on my PC previous to using sharpcap. Struggling to find out where it explains this in the manual.

Its a JPEG file I captured in Altaircap but of which I'd like to adjust in sharpcap.

Thanks all :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening a saved file

Post by admin »

Hi,

Postprocessing previously captured images is not something that SharpCap is really designed to do, but you can if you really want to by using the 'test camera 1' camera which allows you to browse for an image file on disk to use as the image being shown. You will see the browse button at the top of the testing control section on the right-hand side.

Cheers, Robin
Portech7

Post by Portech7 »

Fantastic, cheers Robin. :D
sambo88

Post by sambo88 »

hi i am struggling with highlighting saved dark files in sharpcap anyone else having the same problem i cannot highlight them all only just one so having to do a different way
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You only select one dark file. That file can be a master dark that has been created by averaging many individual dark frames together though. SharpCap also has a tool to help you make master dark files – look in the capture menu.

Cheers, Robin