Livestack image subfolder naming

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
nexusjeep

Livestack image subfolder naming

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi
I have Sharpcap setup to name the image subfolder as Frame type + Filter so I get the usual date folder / target subfolder then image subfolder Light_Ha for example, as I image in monochrome I cycle through a number of filters in the course of the evening and am struggling slightly to guarantee that Sharpcap creates the next folder on occasions.

I clear the live stack then hit pause and close the live stack window and then perform the filter change / refocus. I then go back into live stacking and hit resume sometimes this then creates a new folder with the Light_OIII for example and then starts to save the individual frames to this folder on other occasions it remains stuck on the previous folder name and begins overwriting the previous shots.

I use the live stacking feature as it is nice to watch the image build up + I can watch the FWHM / Drift etc to see what is going on. Is there a particular sequence that I am not doing correctly to avoid the overwriting issue, or is there another button I can hit that forces a rebuild of the folder name and a resetting of the numbering sequence.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Livestack image subfolder naming

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

try hitting the clear button again after making your focus/filter adjustments and unpausing - that might well force the code to re-generate the filenames based on current data.

cheers, Robin
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Cheers Robin,
Will give ago the next time or might just have a fiddle anyway.

Cheers
Nick
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
That works fine were as originally I was clearing then hitting pause, now I pause refocus like suggested then hit clear that clears the image then resumes on its own and generates the folder as expected thanks for the help.