Error connecting to 10micron mount

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
sunlover

Error connecting to 10micron mount

Post by sunlover »

Hi,

when I try to either connect to 10micron mount by clicking on 'Connected' checkbox or open the 10micron ASCOM driver properties using the 'Setup' button, I get the following error message: An error occurred while trying to send a command to your 10Micron Mount Mount. : Connected get - no value has been set.

However if I connect to the mount from another application (SkyChart Cartes du Ciel) then everything works fine. Moreover after a successful connection or opening 10micron ASCOM driver properties from another application, I'm able to connect to the mount from SharpCap too.

Attached a log with the exception stack trace.

Thanks,
Vitali
Attachments
Log_2019-06-26T19_29_28-7676.log
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Error connecting to 10micron mount

Post by admin »

Where is the head palm emoji when you need it?

Sounds like 10 micron have coded their Ascom driver wrongly so that when it's asked if it is already connected it raises an error rather than just saying 'no'. I can code around it to ignore the error that they report, but it would be better if the driver got updated so that it actually conform to the Ascom specification (https://ascom-standards.org/Help/Develo ... nected.htm is the relevant part).

Cheers for the heads up on this.

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, the plot thickens… Part of the error message looks like it comes from asking the mount whether it is connected but reading another part of it looks like it's coming from asking the mount to become connected. All very weird. I will make in a couple of changes for the next release and we can see whether it helps or not.

Cheers, Robin
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

Thanks, I'll post your reply on 10micron forum, if you think that it is their bug.

I've just read you second reply. I'll wait for next SharpCap version.
Last edited by sunlover on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hold on a bit… Please see my second post above as a further reading of the error made the situation somewhat less clear.

Cheers, Robin
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

FWIW, 3.2.6062 still has this error.
carlosgib

Post by carlosgib »

Hi, I am interested in this thread, I am connect to 10micron mount and as soon as I connect the Polemaster camera QHY or the lodestar camera it freezes the control panel screen, although its taking images but I cannot use the PC mouse or keyboard.

Any idea of why this is happening, when I PA with the AP 1100gto mount this did not happened.

Thanks
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

Latest version of SharpCap still has this issue.

Robin, do plan to fix this?

Thanks,
Vitali
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Please could someone who has this mount rerun the test with the very latest version of SharpCap and ensure that they switch on the additional logging (near the bottom of the first page of the settings) before opening the camera or connecting to the mount. Please post the resulting log here or send it to me via private message or email. The latest version should give me a little more information from the log.

Cheers, Robin
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

Log sent via private message.

Thanks,
Vitali