PC won't recognise ASI120MC?

Lockie

PC won't recognise ASI120MC?

Post by Lockie »

Hi,

I've been happily using this camera for a couple of years with my old windows 10 laptop, then replaced the laptop when it broke with a new Windows 10 laptop. I then downloaded the drivers for ZWO cameras from the official site here, https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers, but my camera is still not recognised in ASIcap or sharpCap.

Any ideas please?
admin
Site Admin

Re: PC won't recognise ASI120MC?

Post by admin »

Hi,

The first thing to do is check in Windows device manager to see if the camera is being recognised properly by Windows. It should appear in the 'imaging devices' section of device manager. If it appears in another section or has a yellow exclamation mark against it then it is very likely that the drivers have not installed correctly.

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

I've seen this issue in the past on some of my computers. This was due to the camera being plugged into USB 3. When I plugged the camera into USB 2 it worked fine. Just to complicate this, on a different computer the camera works fine on USB 3. This camera has been around since 2012 and I think some USB 3 chip sets don't detect it correctly.

TLDR: try USB 2
nsbm

Post by nsbm »

I ran into this problem with my ASI 183/MM last night. At the beginning of the evening, it connected, but later on SharpCap just didn't see the camera, let alone connect. It appeared that Windows was recognizing it - getting the little ding sound when the cable was plugged in. After trying everything else, including testing the camera with my Mac laptop and successfully connecting a ZWO 290 mini, I rebooted my Windows laptop and the problem went away.