Sharpcap license crashing when entered

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
Prolifics

Sharpcap license crashing when entered

Post by Prolifics »

Hi just pasted my license in and it says valid in green below. I have masked out my details of course but i get this exception everytime and then it sends info quits. Here is the exception. I have ran as admin too.
Scap.jpg
Scap.jpg (333.01 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap license crashing when entered

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry that you are encountering this problem – I haven't seen this one before and the source of the error seem a little odd – as far as I can work out from the uploaded bug reports, the built-in Windows encryption routines which are used to store the licence details are not working correctly on your machine.

So far, I haven't found anything online that seems to be the same sort of problem is the one you are encountering, but I can offer some ideas that might help resolve the situation for you while I continue to investigate.

1) try creating a new user profile on your computer and see if you can successfully enter and store the licence when logged in is that new user. If this succeeds then it may indicate that the part of your normal user profile that is associated with data encryption is damaged or corrupted.

2) try using the Microsoft system file checker to check for any missing or damaged files on your system and repair them. Find details on using the system file checker here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... ted-system . If the cryptography system on your computer has stopped working due to a missing or damaged file then this may fix the problem.

Cheers, Robin
Prolifics

Post by Prolifics »

I just renstalled windows 10 2 hours ago because of problems. Fresh install new hard drive.

Everything else is working even sharpcap works but won't accept the license as soon as I hit OK i get the exception and it crashes. I tried it off a new account and the same thing. Is it possible I can enter the license another way or during setup? I bought the Altair Gpcam AOr130 so I could use this program. Not only that I do all my polar alignment through it.

Regards David
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks for trying those things out. I will see if I can get a software workaround for the issue sorted.

Cheers, Robin
Prolifics

Post by Prolifics »

Thank you for that much appreciated. I also tried to re-install and try safe mode but still the same. I look forward to your workaround :)

Regards David
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi David,

please try this version and let me know if it fixes the problem or not (if not, please submit any bug reports and send me the SharpCap log).

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.2.5993.0

cheers, Robin
Prolifics

Post by Prolifics »

Amazing!

Installed it and it accepted license.

The reason I had to install license again is reinstalling a fresh copy of windows 10. I noticed windows downloaded some security fixes and updates yesterday I think that may be affecting it.

I tried both normal and 64 versions of sharcap and older versions too and they all exceptioned out on registration.

Why am I so happy because we have 3 days of astro imaging clear skies from Friday. Now I am all set. Also thank you for a such a quick response. (unheard of from any other software maker.)

Keep up the good work and clear skies.

Kindest regards David
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Good to hear that it is now working for you. Hope that you get some good imaging in over the weekend.

Cheers, Robin