Atik One 6.0 now bogging sharpcap to crawl

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
MrAstroBen

Atik One 6.0 now bogging sharpcap to crawl

Post by MrAstroBen »

Robin,

Not sure what has changed as probably done a few updates since i last used the Atik with Sharpcap.

I use to polar align on a portable mount. It worked fine before but now the controls take an absolute age to respond.

I am guessing its related to the looping/downloading.

Reducing the frame rate to 1 every 4 sec helps a bit but adjusting exposure etc is barely possible.

Tested on two laptops to be sure.

The 290M still works but aligning using the imaging camera adds a lot of simplicity.

Thanks Rob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik One 6.0 now bogging sharpcap to crawl

Post by admin »

Hi,

The most likely causes here would be either a change in SharpCap or a change in the Ascom driver or a change in the settings you are using. I don't think I've done anything to SharpCap that would have this sort of effect when using an Ascom camera, but it's difficult to be sure. You could try going back to an earlier version of SharpCap to see if that fixes things again (if it doesn't then it's likely that either the settings or the Ascom driver to blame).

On a practical note, this sort of unresponsiveness is often caused by the camera reading out frequently and taking a long time for the readout. With a number of brands of camera it's impossible to send other messages to the camera while the readout is occurring, meaning that messages like adjusting the exposure or other settings can be locked out until the exposure has downloaded. You may get better responsiveness by using binning or by selecting an ROI to reduce the time taken to read out each frame.

Cheers, Robin
MrAstroBen

Re: Atik One 6.0 now bogging sharpcap to crawl

Post by MrAstroBen »

Robin, i still have both 'original' versions of each on another laptop in my obs. I will check the Atik driver version. It works without issue on that.

It could be the Atik Ascom driver. I read today they have been playing with it since March due to the release of Dusk which is an update of Artemis.

Thanks Rob