Added Info in CameraSettings.txt

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
515bonner

Added Info in CameraSettings.txt

Post by 515bonner »

Just wondering if there was any way to add additional user information (automatically) in the camerasettings.txt file output.
Specifically what I am looking at is adding user, long, lat, scope used, seeing/transparency and such. Seems like a separate radio button or tab could be added where this data could be entered, saved, and then automatically added to the output file.
I've looked through the forum and newest v32 manual and didn't see any way to do this.

R. Robinson
Bonner Springs KS
14.5" f5.3 Starmaster | 8" f7Starmaster | 9.25" Celestron | 6" Orion Mak | 4" Celestron refractor (Vixen)
iOptron CEM40 | iOptron Cube Pro | SkyCommander XP4
ASI120mm-s | ASI290MC
Televue and UO Konig II eyepieces
donstim

Re: Added Info in CameraSettings.txt

Post by donstim »

I second this suggestion from about a year ago. One thing I would like automatically added would be any enhancements and their respective settings used from the Live Stacking enhancement tab. It would be nice to be able to manually add information on ancillary equipment used that are important to the resulting image such as reducers and filters. (I realize this goes beyond just camera settings.)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Storing the live stacking settings makes a lot of sense and sometimes you may want to go back to them. I'll have to think if there's a way to add some sort of custom option – may be a control in the right panel that you can type notes into?

Cheers, Robin
donstim

Post by donstim »

Yes, putting the custom entry capability on the right side as a separate control panel seems to me to be a good choice. It would be readily accessible and also could be minimized if not needed at any given time. Thank you for considering this.

Cheers (and stay safe),
Don
donstim

Post by donstim »

I also found this suggestion from a ways back: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=540
donstim

Post by donstim »

Thank you for implementing this suggestion so quickly!
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

:D
donstim

Post by donstim »

Oops! :D