Scope Settings Feature

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jsawaski

Scope Settings Feature

Post by jsawaski »

Would it be possible to have a "Reverse" check box for both left/right and up/down directions for the mount control? This way I could set the direction for moving the scope to make more sense to me.

I run different configurations and always seam to move the wrong way at the worst time. If I could set the direction how I want them at the start it would be great.

I got this idea because you have a "Reverse" for the focuser.
roelb

Re: Scope Settings Feature

Post by roelb »

Use "Horizontal/Vertical Flip" settings?
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
jsawaski

Post by jsawaski »

That requires a new dark and flat for each combination of flip. Changing the arrow directions does not compromise calibration frames.
jsawaski

Post by jsawaski »

Admin has never replied or commented on this.
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Can't answer for Robin but the way I get around this, so I don't totally wreck my framing. I Set the slew rates to very low. In the case of my CEM60 2x. Since the slew rate is so low it's very easy to go back if the current orientation isn't moving the mount in the direction I intended.