Polar Alignment Readout Large Text

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

Polar Alignment Readout Large Text

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin

Would it be possible to have an option to increase the size of the readout for Up/Down Left/Right on the polar alignment tool as my laptop is a little way from my mount in the observatory so I have to keep going back to the laptop and then back to the mount to adjust and so on until I get it dialled in were as if I could have an option to display the errors larger then I could read them from a distance.

Cheers
Nick
Aperion

Re: Polar Alignment Readout Large Text

Post by Aperion »

As a member in good standing of the Presbyopia Club I second this request-- right after some of the ASI294 problems are resolved.

There is though a work around in Windows 10.
  • Settings
    System
    Display
    Scale and Layout
    Change the size of text
    100%, 125%, 150%, 175%
nexusjeep

Re: Polar Alignment Readout Large Text

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi that would work if I was directly using the laptop but causes issues I think for me as I am connected to the Eagle on the telescope via RDP and running two monitors via the RDP link and from memory Windows 10 Enterprise on the Eagle wont allow me to alter the display parameters whilst inside a remote session.

I will give it ago to see what happens but it will still be awkward as you would have to change it back afterwards as it enlarges everything so effectively reduces the screen real estate for all applications and some applications get upset if you rescale whilst they are running.

Plan B binoculars - Plan C Huge display :D

Cheers
Nick