using MetaGuide to Dither

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
bwells

using MetaGuide to Dither

Post by bwells »

I think you have answered this but I could not find exactly what I am looking for.

MetaGuide provides a program that can be run to cause MetaGuide to dither. So, what I need from SharpCap is to be able to run that MetaGuide Dither program once between every frame. Is there a way I run a script in SharpCap before each frame is captured?

I could start SharpCap Capture with an Internal between frames and time it so the MetaGuide program runs at an interval matching the time when SharpCap is waiting. But that would be pretty sloppy.

Thanks
Bryan
admin
Site Admin

Re: using MetaGuide to Dither

Post by admin »

Hi Bryan,

You may be able to achieve what you want using the scripting functionality currently built into SharpCap, otherwise you will need to wait for the next major version of SharpCap where there will be a sequencing tool that will allow the sort of actions that you require like running a command then capturing more frames then running another command and repeating.

With the scripting approach I would be thinking along the lines of capture a certain number of frames at the full exposure length then the script would set the exposure time to a shorter period of say a few seconds while the dithering command runs and then set the exposure back to the normal length and continue capturing. Building this script will require bit of trial and error unfortunately. You may be able to find some help in this regard in the scripting sub- forum.

Cheers, Robin
mAnKiNd

Re: using MetaGuide to Dither

Post by mAnKiNd »

Late response, but this script uses metaguide to dither, I haven't ever gotten round to testing it though, even though I said I would almost three years ago :o

viewtopic.php?t=191