FITS images come out in black and white

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
zap07271492

FITS images come out in black and white

Post by zap07271492 »

I am new to astrophotography and this might be a dumb question. I have a ZWO color cmos camera. When I take an image in LiveStacking mode the images come out in color when I save them as viewed. However, all my FITS images come out in black and white. Am I doing something wrong or are the images coming out correctly? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: FITS images come out in black and white

Post by admin »

See this thread viewtopic.php?t=254

Cheers, Robin
zap07271492

Post by zap07271492 »

Thanks a million for the quick reply. I downloaded the PIPP program and seems straight forward to me. However, all the fits files I have seem to be a single image I cannot find an avi file anywhere in the folders. I did all this was using the livestacking option not capturing if that makes any difference. Once again, thanks for the help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

The frame saved during live stacking are saved as individual files fits or PNG format rather than as a movie file. You can still process these in PIPP either individually or as a batch by dragging or selecting multiple files into the fits input box.

Hope this helps, Robin
zap07271492

Post by zap07271492 »

Hello Robin,

My apologies for my late reply. I did figure that out after a while of trial and error. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction as I was completely stuck until then.

Thanks again,
Robert