Finer color adjustment in Live Stack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
donboy

Finer color adjustment in Live Stack

Post by donboy »

The Live Stack color bars adjust by 0.1db. More accurate color balance is difficult to adjust with this adjustment value. Would you change the increment to 0.05db?

Don
BlackWikkett

Re: Finer color adjustment in Live Stack

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi Robin,

I would also like to see this color adjustment change made in SC. Would it be possible to change the adjustment with CTRL and shift key modifiers much the same way you give us options in applying the stretch in the Live Stack and Display histogram? While live stacking and adjusting the color we often hit a tipping point where one more click is too much and one less click (adjustment step) is not enough. Allowing for finer control would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Wikkett
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

Do you need the full range that the colour adjustment sliders provide for you at the moment or could you make do with a smaller range if that gave you finer control? I'm just looking for an easy solution to this problem as I suspect that making it slides more slowly with control press down won't be as simple as it is to adjust how button works when control is pressed down.

Cheers, Robin
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Hi Robin

The current colour adjustments are fantastic in live stacking except I also agree with the other comments. I find when using the sliders many times, I must click on a particular slider for that extra colour and it is too strong. We could try a less range of colour control if that will make our adjustments finer. I am able to use less colour range only if I am doing a colour balance on a single image prior to starting the live stacking. Thank you!

Chris A
Astrogate
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

For a quick change that should give an improvement I've been able to adjust the amount that the sliders change if you use the up and down keys on the keyboard from 0.1 dB to 0.02 dB. To do this you have to click on the slider first then use the up and down keys – if you click on the slider and then hover the mouse over the current position a 2nd time the tooltip should show while you are making the keyboard adjustments so you can see the changes you are making. I realise this is not quite ideal but it was a much quicker change to make than the option involving the shift key slowing down the drag movement. The changes been made in this new version of SharpCap which you can test

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.2.5921.0

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi Robin,

I should have explained this a little better. When we make fine adjustments we actually click in the slider bar to move up or down to increase or decrease the value by one step. If we make a gross increase or decrease we click and grab the slider control. Click hold and move the color slider we wouldn't want any CTRL or shift modifiers but just for the clicking in the slider windows.

I'll give the new version a try this weekend, thanks for your attention for this.

-Wikkett
donboy

Post by donboy »

Thanks Robin, will test.

Don
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Thank you Robin for the fast response and I will try this out.

Chris A
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Robin,

I had a chance to use this on a few objects after imaging the lunar eclipse. Seems to work pretty well so far. I'll follow up once I've had some more time to test this.

-Wikkett