Adding an intensity slider for flat calibration

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Astrogate

Adding an intensity slider for flat calibration

Post by Astrogate »

Hi Robin

I hope you are doing better these days and wish you good health. I have been away for several months but getting back into astronomy and have a question regarding the flat (live) calibration. Is it possible to add an intensity slider to the flat subtraction feature in SharpCap 3.2 Pro for those rare cases when the flat is over correcting the light frame?

Thank you,

Chris A
Astrogate
admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding an intensity slider for flat calibration

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

thanks for the suggestion it certainly an interesting one and I can see it being possible in a future version. Right now the trick to getting correct flat correction should be to use the bias option when creating the flats and to make sure that the black level/offset/brightness control is the same creation and using the flats, however I see a separate bug report from another user that may indicate a problem so I will be looking into that.

Thanks for the good wishes on the RSI problems, for now I have moved on to voice typing which is working quite well for replying to messages but I haven't got sorted for coding yet.

Cheers, Robin
Astrogate

Re: Adding an intensity slider for flat calibration

Post by Astrogate »

Thank you for getting back and for the information provided reading the use of the new bias feature in flat frame subtraction. I always thought that bias was more for CCD sensors rather then for CMOS sensor but I see what you mean and will try it out. Yes, I was live on Chris's (BlackWikkett) NSN broadcasts when he was having flat subtractions issues that seems to be over correcting his lights when flats were applied no matter what we tried. I will follow-up with the other posts regarding flat subtraction.

Cheers and best of health Robin!

Chris Appleton
Astrogate