[SOLVED] SharpCap.exe-Configuration Parser Error

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
RMSQueenMary

Re: SharpCap.exe-Configuration Parser Error

Post by RMSQueenMary »

turfpit wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:25 am When you say "run as Administrator" is that

1. Right click the SharpCap icon and choose Run as administrator?

or

2. Log on with a different account which is an Administrator Account type?

For the user with the problem, let us call it BadUser, is it a Standard or Administrator account type?
  • Create a new user, let us call it NewUser, which has a Standard account type.
  • Log on with NewUser.
  • Run SharpCap, close and restart several times.
If NewUser works, this indicates that BadUser has a corrupt profile. If this is the case, there are steps that can be taken to resolve this.

Dave
Now if I run as Afministrator, it does not run and gives me the same message. I cannot run it.
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

From my previous post please try to answer the question 'is it 1 or is it 2'?

Have you followed the 'create another user' stepsa nd tryied logging on with the new user?

Dave
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

turfpit wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:02 am From my previous post please try to answer the question 'is it 1 or is it 2'?

Have you followed the 'create another user' stepsa nd tryied logging on with the new user?

Dave
Number 1.
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Thanks.

Have you tried the following which was also in my previous post?
  • Log on with NewUser.
  • Run SharpCap by double clicking the SharpCap icon, close and restart several times.
If NewUser works, this indicates that BadUser has a corrupt profile. If this is the case, there are steps that can be taken to resolve this.

Dave
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

turfpit wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm Thanks.

Have you tried the following which was also in my previous post?
  • Log on with NewUser.
  • Run SharpCap by double clicking the SharpCap icon, close and restart several times.

Dave
Windows 10 updated and SharpCap worked again. Then the same problem happened again. However, I created another user account. I than logged in as the other user and went back to log in as the first user account and the problem is gone and I can run SharpCap again. Strange isn't it? Thank you Dave.
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Glad it is working again but who can say for how long it will continue.

If Sharpcap stops working again then try running it by logging in as your new user and report back.

Dave
RMSQueenMary

Re: [SOLVED] SharpCap.exe-Configuration Parser Error

Post by RMSQueenMary »

Windows 10 did a update and the problem is back again even with the second account I created. I created a third account in Windows 10. It worked once and now SharpCap does not run. It is the same error message.

SharpCap.exe-Configuration Parser Error
Error Parsing
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
Parser returned error 0x80004005

It will not run.

Maybe I should reinstall Windows 10 or go with Windows 7.
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

I had to re-install Windows 10 and now SharpCap works again.

Probably the machine.config file was corrupted.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear you have it working but a shame it took such extreme measures. We did (I think) look at the content of your copy of that file some time back and it seemed to have the correct content. I still suspect that something was blocking access to the file, but it was not obvious quite what.

cheers,

Robin
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

admin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:32 pm Good to hear you have it working but a shame it took such extreme measures. We did (I think) look at the content of your copy of that file some time back and it seemed to have the correct content. I still suspect that something was blocking access to the file, but it was not obvious quite what.

cheers,

Robin
It was a last resort solution.