Request remember window sizes

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
celkins

Request remember window sizes

Post by celkins »

Robin,
would it be difficult to:-
a) make opening of the main window at full screen size, or last used size, or less than full screen, a user selection option, please?
b) remember the width set for the Camera control panel, when it's configured to auto-hide (between invocations, that is - I find the default width rather too small)?

Thanks,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Re: Request remember window sizes

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

SharpCap already does a) - at least it does for me, and I've just taken a look at the code that does it by remembering whether it is Maximised or not and if not the location/size of the window when you shut down. These values are used on the next startup.

I think it should be fairly easy to remember the auto-hide width of the control panel - I will put it on the to-do list.

cheers,

Robin
celkins

Post by celkins »

Hi, Robin,
sorry for the delay in responding: I checked your reply to (a), and it does, so long as it's on my primary screen, but I run 2 copies open on my second screen (one for each camera), so I guess when I close these down, it tries to make sense of the numbers, and they're a bit awkward (it's a 4K monitor).

Any way to stop it doing this?
Thanks for considering (b).

Betas are great, BTW, thanks.

Carl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carl,

ah, I see - that's a bit more complicated I think. I am planning on trying to improve support for 4k monitors in 3.3, so will keep that in mind. For now I did put in some code to try to remember the autohide width - try out the latest beta when you get a chance.

cheers,

Robin
celkins

Post by celkins »

Thanks, Robin
S1mas

Post by S1mas »

Hi Robin.
I'm using Sharpcap in hardcore mode ( like 150 nights ) a year now. Sharpcap is great creation, except of this moment OP stated above. Especially when I'm going to next target imaging. Application tend to forget that live stacking panel at a bottom was unpinned. And of course other window frames sizes ( and stacking panel size and pining options ) setting always resets. That's okay if you use Sharpcap occasionally, but for intense using adds a lot of not necessary operation with every move. Can you fix this please?
roelb

Post by roelb »

I too have the problem that the bottom of the Live Stack screen window size isn't remembered when going back and forth between "Live" and "Live Stacking" screen.
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
S1mas

Post by S1mas »

Any progress with this issue?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder – I must admit I had forgotten about this one. I've now put some code into the SharpCap 3.3 beta to remember the height and auto hide status of the bottom panel. This will be in the next update to the beta version.

Cheers, Robin
S1mas

Post by S1mas »

Can you tell me if it's on beta already? i could check if it works for me?