Hello Robin,
I'm doing some "library" of dark with my QHY miniCam8 camera.
The camera was first in Live View mode and I did the dark capture up to 60s.
But for 120s, I changed to Still mode. I did not remark that SharpCap changed the output format from FITS to PNG.
Are the PNG image in SharpCap full equivalent to the FITS image ?
I ask while the FITS does not have "unsigned" type and the image is first scaled (shift).
But, that is not the topic ... I remark an image shift between the FITS and the PNG. Both images have a size of 3856x2180 pixels.
When I reopen the FITS (60s) and the PNG (120s), a small shift of the hot pixels is visible on the image.
I was first looking at the middle of the image, so I though that it was the up-down read direction. But it is not, when I look at the top-left corner.
Here both images reopened in SharpCap:
Note the capture was done with last 4.2 beta. I reopened the image with 4.1.
Regards,
Jean-Francois
Dark capture with PNG
Forum rules
If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.
*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***
Please include the following details in any bug report:
* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.
*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***
Please include the following details in any bug report:
* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
-
Jean-Francois
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 am
- Location: Germany