I am in the UK which for now is +1 hour from utc
When saving my subs the file prints utc time
How do i correct this to my actual time?
Time in my subs files
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17435
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: Time in my subs files
Hi,
the simple answer is that you don't - universal time is standard for the times stored in FITS file headers as it removes the possibility of confusion in what the time in the header means, particularly if you end up sharing files with someone who is in a different time zone.
Viewing software that you use to look at the content of the FITS files *might* have a feature that allows it to display the times from the headers in your local time zone instead of UTC - I can't be sure of anything that actually does have this feature though - I've never looked.
cheers,
Robin
the simple answer is that you don't - universal time is standard for the times stored in FITS file headers as it removes the possibility of confusion in what the time in the header means, particularly if you end up sharing files with someone who is in a different time zone.
Viewing software that you use to look at the content of the FITS files *might* have a feature that allows it to display the times from the headers in your local time zone instead of UTC - I can't be sure of anything that actually does have this feature though - I've never looked.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Time in my subs files
Yup
That makes sense!
That makes sense!