How to reset Sharpcap to it's default?
Forum rules
If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
How to reset Sharpcap to it's default?
Hello, I use Sharpcap primarily for polar alignment but it has crashed a couple times and no longer works correctly. When I start PA it just shows a small ring in the center and says failed to solve. Then my camera in NINA doesn't work (just bands of gray and black) until I reboot the PC skipping Sharpcap. Seems it is crashing the camera driver. I am usually in a remote area so I can't send a crash report. I guess I need to reset the preferences? Thanks. -Derryl
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17411
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: How to reset Sharpcap to it's default?
Hi,
there are a couple of options here -
1) Open the camera in SharpCap while pressing down the <CTRL> key - this stops SharpCap from loading the last used settings for the camera and can help solve quite a few similar problems.
2) Go to the main SharpCap settings window and select 'Reset Settings' from the bottom left - probably best to tick everything apart from wiping the SharpCap Pro license - that should get you back to default.
On the subject of NINA misbehaving, if SharpCap is still running and has a camera open, trying to access it in other software will always give you strange results. This could happen too if SharpCap has failed to close correctly while the camera is open.
cheers,
Robin
there are a couple of options here -
1) Open the camera in SharpCap while pressing down the <CTRL> key - this stops SharpCap from loading the last used settings for the camera and can help solve quite a few similar problems.
2) Go to the main SharpCap settings window and select 'Reset Settings' from the bottom left - probably best to tick everything apart from wiping the SharpCap Pro license - that should get you back to default.
On the subject of NINA misbehaving, if SharpCap is still running and has a camera open, trying to access it in other software will always give you strange results. This could happen too if SharpCap has failed to close correctly while the camera is open.
cheers,
Robin
Re: How to reset Sharpcap to it's default?
Thanks Robi, I will try these steps and report back. -Derryl